Saturday 17 March 2012

Wildlife Paintings

I have always loved wildlife from an early age. From wave crashing Whales to the smallest of Insects, I enjoy studying and watching their beauty, grace and movement, in both reality and on television.
Here are some of my original paintings (no digital software was used for these). Although I now use a Wacom tablet with Photoshop, I still like to return to holding a paint brush and mixing the colours before I was self-taught with my first computer.
These ones are painted with Water colours and pencil:



I painted these 'cluttered' Ladybirds by painting white (Matt) emulsion paint on cereal box cardboard, then used old paint brushes and water colours:

This one I painted by airbrushing the water colours, then roughly sketching the outline with coloured pencils. 'Fluffy Monkey'!!







No comments:

Post a Comment